REASONS WHY PROJECT ICE TRACK MAKES SENSE!
1. Taxpayers NOT responsible for the operating costs or deficits.
2. Since 1999, the host municipality has received $18.5 Million of non-tax revenues from the Windsor Raceway slot program. The municipal investment in Project Ice Track will secure and enhance this source of non-tax revenue.
3. Creation of new non-automotive jobs and securement of existing agricultural and gaming jobs.
4. Additional, much needed community ice time in a state-of-the-art facility.
5.Wayne Gretzky's G99 Restaurant / Museum are tourist destinations in themselves.
6. Up to 7,500 seats for non-sport venues will attract world class family entertainment such as ice shows, concerts and much more.
7. The Project is being developed by two successful local families (Toldo and Rosati) committing over $23 Million in private funds.
8. Project Ice Track is the first of a kind regional tourist destination that will include family entertainment, hockey, horse racing, gaming and much more.
9. Regions economy and tourism industry will receive a much needed boost, including increased visitors and revenues.